The Williams County Clerk of Courts is the official record keeper for the Williams County Court of Common Pleas and the Sixth District Court of Appeals. The Court of Common Pleas hears civil, criminal, and domestic relations cases. The Court of Appeals hears appeals from the Court of Common Pleas, Probate and Juvenile Court and Bryan Municipal Court.
The Clerk of Courts is responsible for the following in regard to legal documents filed in the above cases:
The Clerk of Courts is also responsible for:
- Dispersing fines
The Clerk of Courts must follow procedure required by law and issue writs to carry out Court orders. Some of these writs include summonses, subpoenas, warrants to arrest and convey to penal institutions.
The Clerk of Courts also:
- Accepts Bonds
- Administers Oaths
- Calls The Jury
- Passport Agent
- Records Notary Commissions
Boards & Commissions
The Clerk of Courts serves as a member of the:
- 4-H Advisory Committee
- Ohio Clerk of Courts Association
- Williams County Courthouse Improvement/Renovation Committee
- Williams County Data Processing Board
- Williams County Record Commission
- Williams County Republican Central Committee
- Williams County Safety Committee
- Williams County Security Board
The Clerk of Courts legal office is staffed by trained deputy clerks who assist the Clerk in performing the statutory duties.
The public records maintained by the Clerk of Courts are available for public inspection during normal business hours.